Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday Date

We got my friend from work to baby sit for us, and we went to Bush Gardens here in Tampa. It is a theme park/ zoo.  They have roller coasters and water rides and the others are safari rides and stuff like that.. It is soo cool. The best part about it is that if you are a resident you pay for admission once and the rest of the year you can use the ticket to go back. So our tickets are good till december of 2009. How great is that. We had such a fun time together. Next time we will bring EmmaLynn cause they have a lot of kid rides that she could ride there. The picture below is the Sheikra one of the roller coasters. It was so fun... See the video at the bottom for an idea.. it takes you up 200 feet in the air and then it is a dive drop. It is a crazy rush.




They had a place filled with parrots and they would land on you and drink the nectar you had.. I only let a couple land on me, cause they also would go potty on people... that was so gross, but cool that you could hold them. 


Dan thought it was pretty cool too. Notice he is trying out the goatee thing. What do you think about it?


above is a flock of Flamingos, and below a cool bush cut in the shape of a frog.
We had such a good time just hanging out. We didn't do everything we could have, but we are not in a rush we are going to go back again as soon as possible probably next week even. When we went to pick EmmaLynn up, she didn't want to come home with us. She had so much fun playing with my friends kids. She even cried when we took her.  She was ok after a minute... Seems we need to get working on a playmate for her sometime... I guess we will see. 

5 comments:

Rilieanne said...

I want to go there... That's so great you have friends to leave your daughter with so you can go on a date. I definitely think Emmalynn needs a little playmate!

Ashlie Bischoff said...

what a cool date! looks like so much fun! and let me tell you, I am JEALOUS that you are not having to wear a coat! haah

Backwoods Browns said...

What an awesome date!! I love the frog bush!! Having the birds land on you was so cool!!

Carrie said...

I've always wanted to go there! What a fun way to spend a day with just the two of you. Sounds like you had a great time together. I love the goatee Dan, it looks great!

Brooke said...

So Fun! I am jealous!