I have been so busy getting this mom thing down and spend a lot of my sundays walking the halls with EmmaLynn cause she is not still or quiet. I have to admit I don't take enough time to do all the things I should be doing as often as I should be doing them.
So I had the opportunity to go to this event Friday last night and all day today! I got to hear Michael McLean sing his songs (he isn't the greatest singer) but the spirit in his songs and words were fabulous, and uplifting. Also a new group called Mercy River performed last night and today. I absolutely loved them, it was beautiful harmony I actually got the cd that night, and today we had Hillary Weeks perform. These people are so blessed to have such beautiful voices to be able to carry these inspiring songs to everyone! I am a music person. There is so much in a song and I love to hear the musician tell the story behind it and open up a whole new picture. The music is healing and inspiring and makes me feel wonderful!
The women and men who spoke were absolutely wonderful also. They were funny and carried something each in their messages that I really needed to hear. They spoke about being Peacemakers and being joyful. They talked about teaching your children and about improving our marriage relationships and turning your life over to the Lord and letting him guide you where he wants you to be! It was so wonderful! Some of the speakers were Jane Clayson Johnson, Chieko Okazaki, Doug Brinley, Mary Ellen Edmunds and Carolyn Rasmus. I can't quite put into words they way I feel. My heart is full and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend and be uplifted in a way that I desperately needed to be! I wish I could have shared it with my sisters! I certainly walked away today with joy for the music and the words that were shared with us there! I can't wait till the next one!
2 comments:
So jealous! Maybe they'll come to Chile next;) But really, glad you had the chance to go.
I heard about Time Out for Women last year (they were advertising the DVD's to buy from the previous year in-between conference sessions). It sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment