Wednesday, August 12, 2009

lots to catch up

Well, I have been quite the blogging slacker lately. There has been a lot to blog about. 
We went to a family reunion at the end of July. Right after we left California we went there with all our things. It was fun. I was able to go rafting. EmmaLynn even had a trip down with us. It was so much fun, here are some rafting pictures. 





 
Then I spent almost a week in Boise with my sister-in-law Jenny. It was fun, She was so sweet to take me home with her while her kids were in Coeur d' Alene with Grandma Johnson. I rode up with her to pick her kids up from Coeur d'Alene, she stayed a few more days to visit with us. We were able to play at the beach a few times and ride in the boat. We took EmmaLynn tubing behind the boat, and she absolutely loved it.. she stood up and was jumping up and down, I wish I had got some pictures of it. We'll get some the next time we go out though.

I have spent this week working on potty training EmmaLynn. The first couple of days were a bit frustrating, but 3rd day is getting much better. I am hoping by the weeks end we might be able to leave the house. 

Last but certainly not least, Dan finally got a job in the Air Force. He is going to be a weatherman apprentice. He will leave for Basic Training December 8th.  Lucky for us, as long as the baby is on time he will be here for when the baby is born and then a week later leave.  It seems like it is going to be a really good opportunity, and we are very excited to finally get this show on the road. Until he leaves, he is working flagging jobs to make ends meet for now. 

2 comments:

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

hi naomi! hope you remember me from spokane! i saw your blog address on myspace haha so i thought id check it out! congrats on expecting baby number two and your husbands job! hope life is treating you all well!

Backwoods Browns said...

Yay! I am just so glad you are here to play with us :)