Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My First Stay at Home Mommy Project... Kinda

So, I said before that my new ward is super great. Part of what I have been doing with some of the girls in my ward is a sewing class.  I have always wanted to learn how to sew, my mom started to teach me, but got too sick to really finish. I wasn't quite as interested then as I am now. I am so excited, we have a really great teacher and a fun group to chat and sew with. We meet together twice a week and pick out our projects to work on.  I started with something small, easy, and affordable. I got the material for 60 percent of on sale. So this is my first project. I am making a night gown for EmmaLynn. 






4 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

yay! I am so excited that you are learning and starting that up! It's a wonderfully rewarding talent to develop and you'll do great! I know it! :)

Brooke said...

Fun stuff!

Unknown said...

that is very cool that you are learning to sew. GOOD LUCK and if you need any additional help I have been sewing for along time. OH! BTW I am the wife of the ppl your husband met while selling security. LOL I know it seems weird, but I am excited to have some new friends in our new area. So we should get to together sometime for play dates, and/or double dates.

Ponczoch Family said...

OK, that sounds like so much fun! How great to be able to learn to sew and make new friends at the same time.