Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The cure?


Well, While I have been super sick I have been so lucky to have Dan.  He has been doing all the cleaning and cooking and even laundry.  He has been so kind and sweet to me.  I hate this beginning part of pregnancy.  It is so miserable. I just have to tell myself, the end product is worth it. 

This last couple of weeks I found that I had this terrible taste in my mouth after a certain time at night. It was so bad it made me want to throw up.  I have been luck so far not to actually do it, but feeling it is still yucky.  I was sucking on lemons to try to get rid of this taste in my mouth. and it wasn't helping.  I was trying to suck on candy but when it was finished, the taste in my mouth was worse.  I asked around and a few people I talked to had experienced the same thing. They just said they had to constantly suck on something.  Their doctors just told them to suck on mints, and it lasted their whole pregnancy. I knew there had to be more to it. I was not going to put up with it anymore. Luckily I have a great sister who knows a lot about the body and why it does certain things. I found it was due to my body being so acidic. I needed to make it more alkaline.  I was missing different important greens in my system. So I went to the store yesterday and found a product called Amazing Grass. I got it and took about 20 pills yesterday, and what do you know it helped right away.  The taste in my mouth is gone. I have to take it for a few weeks more, to get my body where it needs to be, but I am so excited that it worked.  I am feeling much better already and it has even helped my sickness some too. I am waiting out the rest of today to see what happens, but hopefully I have finished the sick part of this pregnancy by taking these pills. They have wheatgrass, barley, and all sorts of other green things and probiotics.  They have all sorts of good things in them. 

So I am so grateful for a helpful kind loving husband and a sister who helped me cure the nasty taste in my mouth.  Hopefully this is the end of the sickness in pregnancy. I hope this helps someone out. Cause that taste is the worse thing you could ever have to deal with besides the regular sickness of pregnancy.  If you have or have had a taste like this try this, it really can help, and it is really good for you otherwise too.  


5 comments:

Bethany said...

That's great it's taken care of! Those first few months can be just miserable.

Ashlie Bischoff said...

ugh those first weeks are horrible! You can get through it! Glad you figured out a cure! I had a bad taste (kinda like metal) a little bit, but not as bad as you are describing.

Rilieanne said...

I was so excited to see that you're having another baby, woo-hoo! You and Dan have a pretty good recipe goin on for cute babies!

Backwoods Browns said...

I am so glad it is helping you so much, and Dan you are great for helping to take care of my sis so well!! Thanks man *sniff sniff* :)

Eileen Jensen said...

I also had to do a acid balance before getting preggo. I think it had a huge impact on my ability lol to conceive a boy. I am making bets this will be girl #2 for you guys. There are alkiline waters too and they taste better that regular water for some reason. Gl with the morning sickness.