Thursday, March 19, 2009

Teething Adventures

So, I have been pretty lucky with the teething thus far. EmmaLynn is not super crabby or whiny while teething. Most of the time I have no idea. She will usually just take  longer naps and might sleep in a little bit longer in the morning, and then a tooth pops up. This was the most prolonged teething trouble we've had so far.  Over the last 2 days, EmmaLynn has been working on some teeth. She has had a fever constantly off and on.  The other night she woke up at 3 am burning hot, So we doped her up on some Tylenol, let the fever break and put her back to bed. Dan stayed up with her the first night. Even though he was up with her, I couldn't go back to sleep as much as I tried, so I was up till she was asleep.  Then last night I gave her Ibuprofen for children,  and put a movie on we laid there together till the fever broke, then I put her to bed... and of course she wakes up at 3 AM again burning up... So, it was my turn this time, I got to hang out with her for a couple hours till the fever broke again. so, while we were sitting on the couch she looks up at me with her cute little chubby face and sad eyes and said " movie mommy? movie huh? Please? Ichage (ice age) please?".  So, after I had Dan give her a priesthood blessing, we put Ice Age on (which I skipped through a lot of it ) and as soon as the fever broke put her back to bed.. So hopefully we have that out of the way and we see that tooth or teeth, as it usually seems to be, sometime soon. Thank goodness for the Priesthood, herbal Calcium, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen.  It is good to have her back to eating like normal and playing on her own again.

1 comment:

Backwoods Browns said...

Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!! That teething can be vicious! Give he loves for us!!