Friday, June 6, 2008

Florida Life

Well living here in Florida is quite a different experience, it is hot , humid and fun for the most part.... when it is really hot we go to the pool.. it is pretty much like a big bath tub... but fun nonetheless... 
So I told you about going to an interview for the T-mobile that is launching at the outsourcing call center here in Tampa... Well I went in for my interview on Wednesday... and when they found out that I was a Customer Care rep for T-Mobile and knew everything they didn't know.. they not only offered me the job but immediately offered to have me as a Coach or Supervisor! So it turned out better than I expected it to! They were going to have me start on the 16th, but decided since I knew everything they would start me in the middle of a training class that was already going just as a refresher... So starting Monday I went to training which turned out to be extremely boring cause it didnt' take long for it to all come back considering it has only been 6 months out of the systems I used 5 days a week for the last 2 years ..... Anyway, I am done with training and I start coaching on the floor on monday... I have an early schedule from 8-5  mostly will be 8-4 and Dan is with her all morning till about 12.... then he drops her off with one of the other guys who he works with, julie and she watches her for about 4 hours... She worked as a nanny before though so she is really good with her and EmmaLynn likes her... So it has worked out really well... I am still trying to decide if I like the whole working thing still... cause I did really enjoy being with EmmaLynn all day everyday... I miss being mommy... so we will see how long I last... It will depend on what they decide to pay me and if it is worth the time I miss with EmmaLynn... Dan might just have to pick it up and work really hard... I might only do it for a couple of months... who knows... It is something I am really thinking and praying about. So we will see what happens... 
Dan has been doing alright at work. It is a challenge some days. so we are still trying to get things going... I Still am not sure where I am or where anything is besides grocery store work and home... i have yet to explore... our ward is super tiny, but seems alright for only being there one week so far... 
Oh yea, and while I was here the girl across the hall from me... she is another wife here, gave me the books Twilight to read.... They were pretty much great books!!! love them.. and I am eager for the next one to come out this august!!!! Then of course in December there is a movie about it coming out.... What a good writer!!! So if anyone hasn't read those books yet.. you should!!! 
I have limited access to the internet I have to go all the way to the club house to get free internet... maybe if I stay working we will get it at home sometime... for now my posts are probably going to be much more spread out few and far between. I hope everyone else is having a great summer! can't wait to hear updates... seems I am not the only one who hasn't posted in a while!!!

4 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

I am so glad you've posted again!! I love that things are working out for you there especially with your new job and I hope Dan keeps up his work also! This is what you were hoping for! I REALLY MISS YOU!! And smooching on EmmaLynn!! Love you!!

Amanda said...

That is great about your job! What a blessing! Yes, those Twilight books are addicting! I am currently in the middle of her newest book "The Host," that one is about aliens (never thought I would be interested in an alien book!) Hope Florida is treating you well :)

Bethany said...

That is so cool about your job! What a blessing to get a higher position than you expected!

Ponczoch Family said...

How's the job going? Still liking Florida now that it's getting warmer? Check out my blog... you won! Can you email me your address? Thanks, Kim